Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Just like family...


So, I don't know why, but God decided to throw an extra special blessing at us in the form of friends that are loving us like family.

David has one other co-worker at the Embassy that also is being contracted by the Department of Justice. He fills a different role than David does, but his office is right beside David's, and he seems to have decided before we even got here that their family was going to take care of ours. Obviously, I have no problem with this decision. :)

They've been here about 6 months, and C. and S. are empty nesters with young adult kids back in the U.S. They live in our condo complex, and they have already gotten all their furnishings and their car.

I figured out pretty quickly that it was going to be no fun to take all the boys to the Embassy for a full day of newcomer trainings, and I was asking around to see if anyone's helper would be willing to watch them for me. Well, S. offered to keep them. All day.

They had a fantastic time with her. They made pizza and cookies, and she told me that she wasn't exhausted after a full day with them. Say what? That's miraculous.

She's been taking me grocery shopping every Monday, and I usually bring one of the boys along to experience the truly interesting experience that is the Filipino grocery store.

S. dropped by McDonalds when the boys were working just to say hi and let them serve her some ice cream.

C. has been taking us with him to a local church on Sunday mornings.

We had them over, and they played a game with all of us. And brought over dessert. (May it be noted that I offered to have them over for dessert, but she likes baking so much that I was asked to let her bring it. :)

Their genuine kindness and open handed giving has been such a blessing. Why do I ever doubt His provision?

(I haven't asked to put their info on this little blog, so that's why I'm not giving their names.)

No comments:

Post a Comment