Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Din Tai Fung..


This is Din Tai Fung. We can walk to it in about 10 minutes or less, and it's a pretty affordable choice for dinner. They have little steps where kids can stand and watch the making of their famous Chinese dumplings. I used to make gyoza from scratch with David years ago, so I'm extremely impressed by the process. Dumpling making is hard! I gave up and starting buying mine frozen from Trader Joe's years ago.

I tried to put my purse on the floor by my chair, and someone came quickly and gave me what looked sort of like a folding camp stool. They motioned for me to put my purse in there, and then they covered it with a cloth napkin. :)

The food comes and is put on a large lazy susan, and the whole family can turn it to access the dishes. This was also my first experience with metal chopsticks. I admit to having to ask for some forks about halfway through the meal.


1 comment:

  1. They wear mouth guards but pass on the sanitary gloves? Ha!

    ReplyDelete