Thursday, July 27, 2017

Putting some scaffolding in place...


We've been here 4 months now. Wow. We're getting to the point where it's feeling a lot more like this is our life. I was told early on that it would take about 6 months to feel like this was home, and that seems right. But I'm a lot more at home than I was even a month ago.

I no longer wake up and wonder where I am. That's good, right? :)

As part of the settling in process, I got super sick with a virus and cough and couldn't get much energy back for about 3 weeks. It feels like it was a waste of a month, but now I know that it came at a normal trough point for expats anyway. Being sick made the trough worse, I'm sure, but I might have lost my enthusiasm for adventure anyway. So we didn't do any adventuring, despite having the van again and a driver to take us around Manila. I didn't have it in me.


BUT... I signed Seth up for a Makebot class for 4 Saturday afternoons at the local science museum. He LOVES it. When I pick him up, he's practically jumping out of his skin with enthusiasm, so excited to tell me what he programmed his bot to do. Big win for him.


We had our pictures put up on the walls. That made this place finally feel like a home to me. I should've asked to have it done before I did. I wish I hadn't waited.


We joined a local, mostly Filipino homeschooling co-op. We're going to give it a try for 8 weeks and see how it goes, but Seth loves the Filipino hip hop dance class, and he's made a friend who also loves coding. They're all taking a musical theater class that seems to be good, and the younger boys are taking an art class while Seth is in dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment