Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Baguio, part 2...


Despite my Baguio illness, we got out and were touristy. There is a great park in the middle of Baguio called Burnham Park, and we headed there on a sunny morning. We rented a boat to take out on the little pond. For about $3 U.S., we got the boat for 30 minutes. You could also pay for someone to row the boat for you for $1 more.


I took that deal. 

The boys were singing and yelling piratey things like, "Take that, scurvy dogs!" at other people in boats. We got a lot of grins. At one point, I asked if they could take turns helping him row with one of the oars. Seth did well with it, and so did Evan, but Ben's attempt had us about to run into another boat. Everyone in their boat and even our serious looking rower were laughing about that one. He managed to keep us from collision, but it was a close call. :)



There was a place where you could rent riding toys, and a long, blocked off road for riding them. So  awesome for kids. Ben abandoned his riding toy in frustration after he couldn't keep up with his brothers, so I got to do the walk of shame down the middle of the road dragging a tantruming boy.


I'd read about a place where they make fresh pandesal, so we tried Cafe by the Ruins Dua. You could watch them rolling out the dough and then shaping it, and when it came to our table, it was steaming when we pulled it apart. Best pandesal I'll probably ever have, and at this point, I've become a pandesal fan. I buy it a lot of places that I see it now. We had it with mango jam here, which was masarap (delicious), but we just eat it with butter at home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment