Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Baguio, part 1...


David had a work conference in Baguio, a town about 5-6 hours north of Manila, so we decided to tag along for part of it. He went up early in the week, and we followed on Wednesday.

We are so blessed to be able to stay at the U.S. Embassy property in Baguio. Nature and privacy are really hard to come by in the Philippines in my newbie experience, so it was so amazing to be able to just let the boys out of the house to catch bugs for hours and know that they were totally safe. It was like having a fantastic back yard to play in again. I'm not kidding when I say that they were out there for hours each day while we were there.

This was especially good because the really bad fever and cough virus that had already run through the rest of the family got me after we arrived. I'm thankful that I could just lay in the bed and cough and know that they were so well occupied.



One of their finds. This was the coolest moth.


Who says the Philippines are just tropical? These mountains look really volcanic to me. I suspect Hawaii looks a lot like this, though I've never been.



No comments:

Post a Comment