Friday, September 15, 2017

First visitor....


My girl, Sarah, came all the way to Manila, and all she got was fresh rambutan. ;)


Well, and fresh cacao.

I guess she didn't do so badly. :) We've been living here 5 months, but there's nothing like having a visitor to make you feel like you really do live here. 

Sarah and I have been doing life together since we were 6 years old. Back then, it was tea parties and doll theft and playing with bunnies. We were both homeschooled, we went to the same small church, we each had a little brother. We ended up at the same college, got married within 6 months of each other, moved to large cities, and ended up in Raleigh together to have our babies. We're the closest thing each other has to a sister.

She came to the Philippines to see it, but she really came to see me. And that means a ton. 

When I tell her I'm eating too much Din Tai Fung, she'll be able to picture it and empathize because she chose it twice while she was here visiting. :)

It felt like her 9 days here went by just like that. And like she'd always been here. I'm sorry I had to put her back on a plane, but I guess her husband and kids need her and stuff. Sniff. 



No comments:

Post a Comment